- Legal advice by phone or face-to-face
- Legal representation and casework
- Assistance with form filling
- Court support
- Client advocacy including letter writing and accompanying to relevant meetings
- Law reform
- Relevant information and referrals
Legal matters covered by the service:
- Special Medical Procedure applications to the Family Court
- Assistance with drafting wills, power of attorney, enduring guardianship
- Divorce, separation and parenting
- Name and gender change advice/services
- Criminal and AVO advice representation for especially vulnerable transgender clients on a low income
The Transgender Legal Service will progress law reform projects to address relevant areas of the law and public policy. For example, this may include addressing the current process for changing birth details on identification documents in NSW.
To make an appointment:
To access the Trans and Gender Diverse Legal Service clients will need to call 02 9332 1966 and specify that they would like an appointment with the Trans and Gender Diverse Legal Service. You can also email us at email@example.com to request an appointment.
All initial appointments will run from 2pm-6pm and are currently operating remotely.
All persons who are trans and/or gender diverse across NSW can access the Trans and Gender Diverse Legal Service for free legal advice, information and/or referrals.