Inner City Legal Centre (ICLC) is searching for an Administration Assistant who is passionate about working in the not-for-profit sector.
ICLC is a dynamic community legal centre in Kings Cross committed to improving access to law and justice for disadvantaged groups in the inner-city community and LGBTIQ communities throughout NSW. See our website for more information about our targeted communities. ICLC has a strong history of legal work and advocacy on domestic violence, family law, discrimination, human rights and other areas of law affecting our client groups.
This recruitment is for a part-time position. The successful applicant will be required to provide administration support, including support for ICLC’s volunteer program and IT systems.
Hourly rate is $38.45. Salary packaging is available to a maximum of $16,000 per annum.
For the position documentation and the selection criteria, see below. For enquiries: email the ICLC Centre Director, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02 9332 1966.
Only applications specifically addressing each selection criteria will be considered. Email applications to email@example.com by 9am Tuesday 7 July 2020.
Position Title: Administrative Assistant
Status: Part time
Hours per week: 14 hours (2 days) per week
Salary: Level 2.2 SCHADS Award $38.45 per hr, part time *
Accountable to: Centre Director
Inner City Legal Centre encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
The Administrative Assistant is a new part-time role at the Inner City Legal Centre (ICLC) to support the Centre Director to coordinate volunteers, reporting, premises and IT systems. The role will be subject to a six month probation period, usually be based in the Kings Cross office and available for two years, with capacity for renewal.
- Manage the volunteer program including roster development, volunteer communication/support and the administration of training days. Also responsible for addressing volunteer enquiries;
- Coordinate maintenance of premises, equipment and other resources of the Centre, including management of contractors (cleaner, photocopier etc);
- Ensure IT systems operate well, data is backed up and staff have access to necessary IT equipment and systems;
- Assistance with reporting/compliance, including the production of the annual report, accommodation grant application and acquittal and compilation of CLSP reports.
- Collate student and solicitor volunteer applications, and make first contact;
- Work with Centre Director to cull student applications ahead of training days;
- Book training days with partner law firms three times a year, and liaise regarding catering, IT needs etc;
- Ensure student training days are resourced appropriately and all volunteers are provided with detail they need to attend;
- Draft volunteer rosters four times a year;
- Ensure volunteer shifts are confirmed;
- Book induction of new volunteer solicitors;
- Prepare and send monthly updates to volunteer solicitors (Law Alerts).
- Liaise with cleaners when necessary, including to ensure that recycling is optimal;
- Be first point of contact for maintenance tradespeople and ensure they have access as necessary;
- Arrange for service of photocopier as necessary.
- Be first point of contact for staff and volunteer IT enquiries, trouble-shooting simple requests and contacting IT for more complex requests (within budget);
- Maintain assets register;
- Develop IT replacement plan and execute (within budget), including liaison with IT contractor;
- Coordinate email addresses for all staff and volunteers, including keeping register of passwords;
- Ensure data is backed-up to hard-drive and taken off site weekly.
- Assist with production of annual report (July, August);
- Assist with compilation of CLSP reports and plans twice a year (June and December);
- Ensure application for accommodation grant is submitted and acquitted annually (January, February).
Other tasks as requested by the Centre Director.
- The Administrative Assistant is directly accountable to the Director and will take part in supervision and staff appraisals with the Centre Director.
- The Administrative Assistant is required to work with all other staff members in a team environment.
- The Administrative Assistant is expected to participate in regular staff meetings.
* Superannuation and annual leave loading is paid in addition to this. ICLC is a flexible workplace offering time in lieu options and a paid Christmas closure of 2 weeks on top of 4 weeks annual leave. In addition to this salary packaging options may mean a tax saving of up to $6,000 per annum.
- Experience coordinating people and events
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Understanding of the work of ICLC
- Strong technology skills, including hardware and software trouble-shooting experience
- Demonstrated ability to be well organised and to work independently
- Experience working in a community legal Centre
- Experience working with volunteers and rosters
- Experience in writing compliance reports